If you’re a hardcore Nutella fan there’s no doubt that you know today (5th February) is World Nutella Day. If you love Nutella as much as we do, then you’ll know this is the perfect excuse to indulge and satisfy your chocolatey urges by scoffing some Nutella.
But if you’re planning on eating it straight out of the jar, let us stop you right there.
We’ve tried and tested this Nutella pretzel brownies recipe, and it’s simply sensational! So save your spread and have a go at creating these amazingly tasty treats on World Nutella Day.
Ingredients you’ll need for the brownies:
1/3 cup of Nutella
200g of sugar
113g of unsalted butter
64g of all-purpose flour
50g of unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon of salt
Ingredients you’ll need for the crust:
1/3 cup of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
1 ½ cup of pretzels
Also, don’t forget to keep a little more Nutella and a few pretzels set aside for spreading over the brownies and making the finishing touches.
Once you have all of your ingredients you’ll be ready to cook! Simply follow our cooking recipe and you will be in chocolate heaven in no time.
Making the crust:
1. Before you reach for the pretzels, make sure you have preheated your oven to 180 ˚C.
2. Take an ovenproof dish (measuring 8×8 inches) and lubricate with a cooking spray to stop the crust from sticking.
3. Place your tasty pretzels in a food processor and switch on ensuring the lid is firmly secured! Add the sugar and mix. You will then need to add the butter for one final mixing session.
4. Add this delicious mixture to your prepared dish and then place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. The crust will become firm as it cooks and you will notice the edges turning golden.
5. This will give you time to make the brownies! Grab a bowl and mix the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder.
6. Next you will need a saucepan and a whisk for melting the butter and mixing in the sugar. Once combined, add in the eggs one after the other and then add the Nutella and Vanilla, which will make it smell and taste amazing!
7. Grab your bowl of flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder you prepared earlier and whisk into the mixture in the saucepan. Once it has been combined, pour into the bowl containing the crust and bake for 35-40 minutes.
8. Unfortunately, you will need to let them cool for around 45 minutes before finishing them off with additional Nutella spread, which will hold the pretzels firmly in place.
9. Lastly, cut into pieces… and enjoy!
Don’t forget to send us your photos once you’ve made this recipe! Post them to Instagram with the hashtag #nutellamaster